Sunday, June 19, 2011

When your pressed powder breaks

cracked and broken. OH NO!!!
I remember my friend James who was always reprimanded by her mother when he was young because he was so mischievous and in his kiddie ways, he would always break his mom's pressed powder.

I was not spared of this tragedy. I don't know who, when, where, or what happened but I just ended up opening my Fanny Serrano Orleans and it's already broken.

The internet has a lot of tips on how to repair a broken compact of pressed powder. Some of these do-it-yourself instructions require spraying alcohol, pressing the powder back to its pan, and even baking it. But I didn't want to add other ingredients to the powder which might affect its color or use. Instead, I emptied the "almost-empty" pot of my sister's Nichido loose powder, washed and cleaned it dry, and placed the broken powder in it.






I used a clean teaspoon instead of a spatula and I did not crush or grind the compact powder anymore. Once inside the powder pot, I placed its lid and also placed my sponge applicator on top before closing the powder pot and I was happy that it fit perfectly. A few shakes of the pot and the chunks have pulverized. It's that easy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...