Monday, June 20, 2011

NYC Duet Pencil

N.Y.C.EYELINER DUET PENCIL-880a MockingBird Silver

Approximately seven inches

I've ordered this product on Ebay via Big Tokyo. I wasn't expecting this pencil to be 7 inches long and it honestly surprised me of its length. I imagined this to be shorter.


This is the second NYC product that I've used, the first being a Peach NYC blusher I received as a gift from our former office secretary who already migrated to the States. Anyway, I do not have a review of that blush but maybe I'll make one in time.

I decided to give this a try since I have been satisfied with that NYC blush I mentioned above.



in black

and in silver

I tried using this product and my first impression is that it is very soft to apply. I was a little bit scared that it might break off easily once sharpened. I have not yet sharpened them but I will update this post once I will have a chance to sharpen them. Right now, they are still fine and there's no need to sharpen it. Updated 06/24/2011: So I finally had the chance to sharpen the silver pencil using an Ever Bilena Eye Pencil Sharpener and it worked just fine. =)

Below are photos of my sixteen-year-old sister with the product on. I used the silver liner on her right eye (left in photo) and the black liner on the other.


The black liner is really black although I think it would be better to use it for smudging and if you want to achieve that smoky eyes effect. Please note that I used this product without anything else on my sister's eyes. No powder or primer, no eyeshadow.


a closer look on that silver shade
The silver shade is nice and cute and I would definitely use it to line my eyes. I like that it is "wearable". The shade is not difficult to blend although some bits and pieces would sometimes get caught on the eyelashes which would make using a mascara a requirement if you're using this product. 

removing the eyeliner
The day before, I used the silver liner in my eyes and when I washed my face and removed it using my usual facial wash, bits and pieces of the silver liner remained in my eyes. For my sister, I used the local Ever Bilena Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover and it was fuss-free removing the liner using it.

I like the silver shade better than the black one. I can forgive the silver being too soft because I would love to smudge it on my eyes thereby creating a beautiful and dramatic effect. I like black liners to be firm and yeah, just firm, pliable but firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...