Friday, April 08, 2011

Fanny Serrano

I think it's about time to pay tribute to the one and only face powder that has captured my heart since first application.

Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Orleans winked at me one day (July 4, 2010)  while I was shopping at Cinderella in Robinsons Manila. I was in need of a face powder because I will be having a "mug shot" for my Petition to Take the Bar the following day and I wanted to look flawless. I find it hard to look for the right face powder for my morena skin tone and when I talked to the Cinderella saleslady, she did much salestalk and I was convinced to buy a face powder that costs P399. I am generally stingy and I don't purchase face powders at that price range. However, the heavens showered me with generosity and extravagance that day that I bought FS Two-Way Cake in Orleans.

I made a patch test when I got back in the hotel room and wow, it really blends well with my skin tone. I prayed that it won't cause me pimples or skin irritations.

On July 5, time for my mug shot. I will edit this post as soon as I have my photo scanned. I used FS Orleans over Careline's Liquid Foundation. I enjoyed using Careline's Liquid Foundation that time and was applying it with an art brush. No tricks. Just plain art brush and I really enjoyed blending it. I don't use it often, though. Wearing foundation in oh-so-hot-and-humid Manila is suicide!

I fell in love with FS Orleans. And I swear that it will be the only face powder to ever touch my face (I broke this promise, though, but I always go back to FS). Now, nine months later, my first FS Orleans Two Way Cake is almost empty. I'm going back to Manila on the 13 for the oath taking ceremony of new lawyers (See, FS Orleans helped me achieve that "winning" mug shot. Haha!) and I think that I would purchase my second cake at the very store where I purchased the first one. So, Cinderella at Robinson's Manila, be ready for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...