Friday, April 08, 2011

Product Reviews: Maybelline

DAY 1. I bought three (3) Maybelline products recently:
  1. BB Cream (P249)
  2. Face Powder (P199)
  3. Fruity Lip Gloss (P130+)
Excited to try my purchases, I opened the package inside the mall's restroom, washed my face and tried the products instantly. I'm a first-time Maybelline user and I was eager to know whether this product is suited for me.

First, I applied Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream. What made me buy a BB Cream? I've been reading a lot of BB Creams in the market and I thought that it's about time that I try one for myself. BB stands for Blemish Balm or Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm. BB Creams gained their popularity courtesy of the flawless and beautiful Korean celebrities who endorse the product.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream has a catching "one shade fits all" punch line. Honestly, I was hesitant to buy it because I have dark skin and this BB Cream's shade could be lighter than my skin tone, as most of the products in the market. I bought it anyway and at first use, I was kinda impressed with how the "unique earth color shade" blended well with my morena skin.

Second, face powder. I was quite disappointed about this product's applicator. I dabbed Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder all over my face and I was shocked that it didn't match my skin color at all. I guess it was two or three shades lighter. It was quite disappointing since its packaging said that Maybelline was designed for Asian skin and I already bought the darkest shade available. I corrected it and covered with my old face powder.

Third, the finishing touch of Maybelline Fruity Lip Gloss in pink. I find its consistency to be just right. The color is pale but what can you expect from a lip gloss? It has faint traces of fruity flavor that is not overpowering. I felt like I was in high school again. It's new for me to use a lip gloss on its own specially since I wear "magic" lipsticks. I prefer those color-stay lip stick since I am a heavy coffee drinker during the day and I don't want to retouch everytime I finish my cup of coffee. When I watched how Maybelline Fruity Lip Gloss was rested on my lips, I thought it would be best for me (at my age of 26) to apply it after my regular lipstick.

I was now ready for a children's party and off I go with my new Maybelline products. However, I made an instant decision that my Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder would go to my younger sister's beauty kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...