Friday, April 08, 2011

Product Review: Maybelline

Day 2.

After my usual facial cleansing regimen, I spread Maybelline BB cream all over my face and was happy to read that it has SPF 26. The packaging also said to use it after your daily moisturizer. So, even if it's already day 2 of using this BB Cream, it's actually my first time to use it after my moisturizer. Then the usual hesitance set in: what if my face becomes too oily because of putting too much creams on my face? I have VMV Superskin 3 Moisturizer which is for oily face and the BB Cream which promises hydrated skin could mean a catastrophic oiliness is next to ugliness day. But I'm brave enough to try it. And so I did try it.

I was not done with my Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder and I wanted to try it for the last time and this time, I only used it lightly and applied mostly on my most oil-prone areas: forehead, cheeks, and nose. But I did spread it all over my face evenly to avoid looking like a dalmatian. I tried my best to achieve a look that wouldn't make my face lighter than my neck.

I lastly applied Maybelline Fruity Lip Gloss and was quite impressed of how I managed to create a more natural day look.

When I went out of my room, my brother criticized me for looking like I have just bumped my face on a bag of flour. He said my face was too white. There goes my achievement. I wiped my face with a facial tissue and used my old face powder again. Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder is definitely not for me. And maybe it's time for me to make a review of my old and almost empty face powder which I fell in love with at first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...