Saturday, September 17, 2011

Calorie Counter

Worried about your weight?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're an insecure teenager, you're just conscious about your health that's why you're counting calories and taking time to review the sugar content of that soda you're about to sip. 

Right now, I'm on the process of trying to gain weight after I shed 4 kilos due to my recent asthma attacks. My ideal meal consists of rice and fish/meat. I eat vegetables but not regularly. I usually have fish two out of three meals a day. I am allergic to chicken but I eat a little amount from time to time. I am not a fan of softdrinks and I'd rather choose water over iced tea (really!). I am a candidate for diabetes (blame it on genetics and lifestyle) even without soda and juices because I put 2 sachets of sugar for my cup of coffee and I love sweets and desserts.

I can safely say that I have not been fat in my 26 years of existence (although sometimes I feel fat, I have never considered myself as being really fat). I might get fat in the future, considering that I could become a mother someday, or I might not become as active as I am today, but I do not worry about it. I used to be pear-shaped: my butt was considerably HUGE for my small bust. I had huge thighs which I attributed to my dance trainings. I used to count calories for vanity's sake. But after all these years, I've learned to accept my body and I've learned to live not for vanity but for health. I don't starve myself - I EAT. And I eat appropriately. I exercise and nothing beats exercise. Last year, I tried yoga and it actually helped me get to the shape that I wanted.

Sugar is not at all bad but we all know that too much of a good thing is bad enough. Minimize your sugar intake or at least, sacrifice some to get some. As I said earlier, I love sweets. I love desserts: leche flan, buko salad, and anything with cream and condensed milk on their ingredients list. But I have learned to cut back on softdrinks (regular, light or zero) and artificial juices. I eat real fruits.

Losing, maintaining, or gaining weight is a decision. You won't get what you want if you don't want it wholeheartedly. And when I say wholeheartedly, you have to decide on it, make it as your goal, and work for it. Let me share with you Del Monte Fit 'n Right Calorie Counter to help you start making your decision. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:05 AM

    yay thanks for this.. i'm gaining weight again.. stress..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...