Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Product Review: Human Heart Nature Bug Shield

While at Chowking Bolton, let me share with you my experience with Human Heart Nature's 100% Natural Bug Shield. This bug shield claims that this product is DEET-Free so it's safe. What's DEET, by the way? DEET is a yellow oil which is a very common ingredient in insect repellents. Insect repellents with 10% to 30% DEET content is generally safe for human use according to Wikipedia.


So, about this Human Heart Nature Bug Shield, it's DEET-free so it claims that it does not contain any harmful ingredients. The ingredients used are all natural:
click to enlarge

I have a funny experience with this bug shield lotion. I applied it one morning after shower. After I went outside my bedroom and prepared to go to the office, I received a lot of different reactions from my housemates:

Jovan: You smell like mansanilya. Mansanilya is a liniment generally used by Filipinos for babies. I looked it up in the web and found out that it's the local term for chrysanthemum.

Dad: You smell like salabat. Salabat  is ginger tea.

April: You smell like orange.

I explained to them that I've applied a new bug shield from Human Heart Nature and said that it is made from 100% natural ingredients. After which, I boarded our car with my dad and siblings...

Danilo: Wow, you have a new car freshener. (My brother was obviously referring to the scent of the bug shield and so I told him to smell my arm. Truly enough, he told me my lotion smelled like a car freshener). Lol!

Danee: No, you smell like lemon grass.

I just smiled as we talked about this new bug lotion as we left the house. Those were the diverse reactions from my family. It was funny that they all had different notions of what the scent was. We were actually used to the eucalyptus scent of Off Lotion which, I think, is the first ever widely-available insect repellent in this country.

Just a note: I was twice a dengue victim.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my page the other day.

    These conversations are quite cute. It's especially funny when your brother thought you smelt like car freshener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I'm now wondering how this lotion would smell for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! how long is the effectivity of this bug spray? and would u know how much is the % of DEET in Off Lotion? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello bianca!

    I'm using the Bug Lotion, not the Bug Spray, although maybe in the future I'll also purchase and make a review of the bug spray.

    The label says that you should re-aplly every 2 to 4 hours depending on activity. In my own experience, I don't reapply often specially coz I'm almost always just inside an air-conditioned office the whole day. After 6 hours, the lotion's scent is still in my skin, although it's not as intense as during the application.

    As to OFF lotion's DEET content, I'll research first to answer your question. =)

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...