Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Girl Gone Bad

CAUTION: THIS IS A FRUSTRATED AND BITTER POST.

Bobbie Base Coat P41.00
My Posh in Berry Red P15.00
Caress Matte Gray
Bobby Sheer for Top Coat P30ish
Caronia Kwik Dry
Caronia Nail Polish Remover P19.25

  



Cute nails, eh? Nope, they're not mine.

I bought the items above to try my luck on doing my own manicure. I did pretty well back in college days. But this time, I had a little upgrade. Instead of just using a color nail polish, I will also be using a base coat, a top coat, and on top of the top coat, a kwik dry. 

And this is what happened:

Now, these are mine. Still bare.
Tada! Bare fingernails. I got so frustrated that I eventually erased everything on my third and final try. Why? Because I did everything wrong. How can it be so difficult? =(

First try:

  1. Applied base color perfectly.
  2. Applied My Posh Berry Red. The brush is weird. It creates a concave arc during application. The color is very nice but I can't apply it near my cuticles because of the weird brush.
  3. Applied top coat but the previous coat is not yet dry, the Berry Red color was diluted.
  4. Erase.
Second try:
  1. Applied base color perfectly.
  2. Applied My Posh Berry Red. Still had that weird brush experience. Waited for it to dry.
  3. Applied top coat.
  4. Tried to apply Kwik Dry but the brush is also weird. The bristles of the brush has stuck together. (Is this normal?) I tried to mend it by flattening it with my pusher and it has since transformed like a fan brush. I applied the Kwik Dry to my nails with it. After a few minutes, I was not satisfied with my own piece of junk fingernails.
  5. Erase for the second time.
Third try:
  1. Applied base color. (I'm tired already).
  2. Decided not to use the My Posh nail polish and instead applied Caress Gray Nail Polish perfectly on my left hand.
  3. Applied Caress Gray Nail Polish to my right hand fingernails but it has already become a little too sticky and I am already very tired and my nose is already very irritated because of the smell of the chemicals
  4. Erase.
Self-hate and self-pity mode.

I guess I'll just eat some chocolates.

my consolation

Later, I let my sisters use my stuff. I am no longer interested with nail polishes. Besides, I handwash my intimates everyday.

BITTER!

My sister, April, trying on a bright orange polish from San San
My brother, whose hands are so lady-like. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...