Wednesday, March 02, 2011

3-kilometer run

I tried a three-kilometer run this morning using my dusty elliptical strider. It was a deviation from my intended plan which is to go out of the house and really run around the subdivision but I woke up too late and the sun was already up when I got out of my bed.

So there goes a sudden change of plan: I instead used my old but seldom-used exercise machine and set the distance to 3 kilometers. Yes, just 3 kilometers, for a start. I haven't been running since September last year although I was getting back on track with my yoga for a little over two weeks now.

I find running hard and tedious, specially when I fall short of my breath. My 3-kilometer run was attended by several pauses such as when I have to catch my breath or I have to rest my calves. For a seasoned runner, 3 kilometers is just a breeze. But for me, who does not prefer heavy exercises specially in the morning, I find it really difficult. I finished my 3 kilometers in a over 12 minutes. And by then, I was sweating.

It was exhausting but definitely satisfying. I'm planning to join fun run this Sunday that's why I practiced running earlier today. Well, I still have three more days to practice running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...