Monday, February 14, 2011

Skin Care

Invest in skin care first before you invest in cosmetics.

That's what I learned from my personal experience. I used to buy face powder and full coverage foundations to cover up my pimples and skin imperfections. But it only made my skin problems worse. I learned the hard way and after a couple of years of experimenting I finally found that having a simple skin care regimen is the best answer to your skin problems.

Forget cosmetics and make up, invest first in a good yet gentle skin cleanser and moisturizer. You can squeeze in  a toner but you can omit it unless your skin really needs it. There is no one-time or overnight solution. Your skin needs time to adjust and heal before it becomes flawless. Having pimples is a part of growing up, specially for teens. Every beauty magazine article that I've read says that you should NEVER squeeze out your pimples. I did and I regret it every time when it gets inflamed. I say don't touch it if you can't properly do it. The dermatologist extracts pimples and blackheads but they have the proper SANITIZED tools and medication to combat any infection or inflammation.

The skin is the largest organ in the body. If you're taking care of your face, don't forget that your whole body is covered in skin, too. Take care of the rest of your body by using gentle body wash or soap and do not over-exfoliate. Treat your skin nicely.

There are a lot of products in the market that can meet the demands of every person in terms of skin cleansing. You just have to pick one that is best suited with you. Remember that every person has a different skin type so it is not always that what works for your friend would also work well with you. Apply a skin patch test first before applying products. Also, stop using the product in as early as the first sign of irritation is felt (even if it is not yet visible).

And, the most important thing to remember: FOLLOW PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS. You can never go wrong if you carefully and diligently follow instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...