Thursday, July 14, 2011

On Nails and Polishes

I was addicted to nail polishes back in college days. I'd have five different shades of pink in each hand and I just love looking at them. Surprisingly, my mother appreciated them too. But my love for nail polishes died down when my nails got yellowish or stained because of the nail polish. I read in a magazine before that it's bad to let the nail polish stay on your nails for more than two days cause it will definitely stain your nails if you keep it on that long. Anyway, I have stopped that addiction since 8 years ago.

Now, there's nail art. Aika used to persuade me into trying nail art (gusto yata akong pag praktisan?). I don't know why I haven't tried it. I like looking at it. Maybe I just don't like getting my nails stained again. It looks ugly getting stained. =(

Recently, I've been reading a lot of beauty blogs and NOTWs are rampant. NOTW means Nails Of The Week in a beauty blogger's world. (News Of The Week is for a different audience). And I've learned a lot from them. (No, I am NOT wearing false eyelashes on ordinary days. For prom, maybe, haha!). So, this is what I've learned recently: Use a base coat to prevent your nails from staining. A base coat is different from a top coat. The base coat would also help your nail polish to adhere more to your nails. The top coat would prevent your nail polish from chipping. Don't believe in a product which says it's both usable as a base coat and a top coat because these two have different purposes.

Ok, ok.... I need to calm down after reading those information. What in the world is a base coat? When I was young (and I mean really, really young), the only nail polish I knew is colorless. Is that the base coat? But it's what Manang Manicurista uses as the top coat. How in the world did this nail polish thingy get so complicated?!

I had a few minutes during lunch break to scour NCCC and HBC for a base coat and surprisingly, their staff were not that knowledgeable in nail polish, just like me. Until one saleslady in NCCC, who was not assigned in the beauty section, voluntarily said that I should look into Bobbie "Colorless" nail polishes and read the back label of the nail polish to see if it can be used as a base coat. (Wow, it really pays to read). So, I did! And I found a Bobbie Basic Nail Hardener and its back label (in the littlest text I've ever seen) says: "Use as base coat before applying your favorite nail color." Yey! I think I've found my base coat. As for the top coat, I think any colorless polish will do. Lol!

This is such a long post for a non-sense topic. I hope you enjoyed reading. As to how my NOTW would go, I still don't know. I haven't used the product yet but I've bought myself some nail-care tools (if that's what you call them). Best of luck to my migraine once I start painting my nails... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...